Friday, August 31, 2012

Is It Time?

"There comes a time in everyone's life when they must choose to be extraordinary." 

I recently stumbled upon that insightful comment while reading
another blog. We all have our own set of dreams, desires, wants, and hopes. Our own personal version of what constitutes "extraordinary." But time has a way of disappearing quickly and we can find ourselves wondering how our opportunity to realize those hopes vanished along with it. The thing is, it's never too late. "Too late" is just one of the excuses we use not to challenge ourselves. It's easier to choose to be "ordinary." Choosing to be "extraordinary" is scary. It introduces risks and uncertainties that are otherwise easily avoided. But if you're lucky (and brave for long enough to take that first step), "there comes a time." Be ready for it and then act because choosing to be extraordinary is also fulfilling.

So is it time? It is for me. (And I hope for you.) I've squandered quite a bit of time and manufactured enough excuses to prevent me from chasing a few of my lifelong dreams and ambitions. I'm choosing to be "extraordinary." I hope you will too. 

Oh yeah...welcome to my new blog, The Reason 87.

No comments:

Post a Comment