Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Be Yourself

I am a giant fan of Chris Cornell, solo artist and lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave.
I find the Audioslave song “Be Yourself” from their album “Out of Exile” to be particularly inspiring. The lyrics are simultaneously straightforwardly simple and insightfully complex.

…To be yourself
is all that you can do (all that you can do)
Hey...
Be yourself
is all that you can do
even when you've paid enough
been put upon or been held up
with every single memory of
the good or bad, faces of luck
don't lose any sleep tonight
I’m sure everything will end up alright
you may win or lose
But
to be yourself
is all that you can do
Yeah...
To be yourself
is all that you can do…


I take these simple words to heart every moment of every day. To fully appreciate it, I hope you'll take a moment to listen to Chris' recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment