Wednesday, September 19, 2012

There Is Always Hope

Hope. I’m a big believer in hope. Sometimes it’s the only thing that gets you through to the next day. When you’re at the end of the rope and there appears to be no help, no answers, and no way forward…there is always hope…and sometimes only hope.

Hope won’t solve any of your problems or provide immediate relief from what ails you, but it can be the bridge to keep you off the bridge. Hope will occasionally fail you. Be prepared for that. Hope will come up empty sometimes and when that happens, you’ll start to question everything. Ironic, but it’s also hope that will get you through those times.

Often times, it’s you who can provide some hope to others. Today is one of those opportunities. 

Each year for the past several years, my family and I participate as a team in the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Albany, NY. It’s an important event, but not solely in terms of fundraising. It’s an event that also provides hope. Hope for a cure. Hope for survival. Hope for strength. Hope for necessary care, both for prevention or treatment. And on and on. When it comes to cancer, sometimes hope is all you have. I’ve relied on it more than once. I’m saddened to say it has failed me on occasion. I go on hoping anyway.

Today, I’m humbly asking you to consider making a donation in order to provide hope to those that might be experiencing difficulty mustering some at the moment. You can do so easily by clicking the secure link at the end of this post. I hope you’ll support me if you can.

 
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/michaeloconnor

No comments:

Post a Comment