Friday, September 7, 2012

Introspection

I never understood the appeal of continual complaining or repeated bashing solely to complain or bash. It gets old fast and for the most part, is unnecessary if not redundant.

I do my fair share of complaining too but now I try to move past it to find a solution. It’s just plain unproductive otherwise. My best bet would probably be to realize that some people like to complain. And then they complain some more. And that’s all they’re ever going to do until they draw their last breath. I should learn to avoid those people.

I’m reminded of some good advice given to me by Mr. Tom Kirk, Jr. “Look in the mirror each day and ask, have I been the best father, the best husband, the best son, etc that I could be today?” That may sound like dorky advice unless you know who Tom Kirk, Jr. is and what he lived through. I’ll let you dig around on your own to find out (or you can ask me) but he’ll likely come up again in later posts. In the meantime, look in the mirror and ask the question of yourself. The answer may help you to stop complaining. I know it helped me.


No comments:

Post a Comment